Some things to think about...

Good, better, best. Never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best.

"Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up." R. Jessie James.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eco Home - Thomas

These are the design features that my house has to make it eco-friendly. (The best thing about my model I made was that it was Edible - A tasty Chocolate Cake that we "Demolished")

Water harvesting and recycling –my house has a sloped roof so the water runs off into a tank. Grey water is also used in the toilet and outside taps.

Day-lighting systems-the sunlight streams through the windows and sliding doors so you don’t have to use artificial light as much.

Thermal mass-the driveway, veranda and floor of the house is all thermal mass which keeps the house an even temperature.

Insulation-the walls, floor and roof of my house are all insulated.

Solar gain­-my house is facing north so lots of sunlight gets in and heats the house.

Security-my house has good visibility from the street.

Energy use-my house uses renewable energy and has star rated appliances.

Solar power and water-the solar panels on the roof and walls are used for heating the hot water and generating electricity.

Wind power-there is a wind turbine to produce more electricity.

No comments: